Wednesday, July 30, 2008

thirty-four days


In just thirty-four more days, Ghost Medicine will be in the stores. It's been a long road, but now that I'm on it, things are moving at a steady pace.

In a couple weeks, I'll begin working on the editorial notes for in the path of falling objects, which is scheduled for release in September, 2009. This is my favorite part of the process, and I am really looking forward to it (mostly because of how much I really like this next book).

This week, I also finished writing my fourth novel, but I'm not going to say what the title is, or what it's about. It is very different for me, though, because it's funny... or, it's supposed to be (how can you tell if something's funny when you write it?). I will say that I laughed out loud until I was practically crying when I wrote a couple parts of it... but, then again, I'm a moron, so what can I say? At least no one was home when I did it. Oh... but I did feel like crying at the end, for two reasons: first, because it was such a fun story to tell; and, second, because it has one of those slug-you-in-the-guts endings.

This weekend, I'll be going down to SCBWI-LA to catch up with my terrific agent and some writer friends. And I am really looking forward to meeting a couple of people who'll be looking out for me down there.

Cool picture, huh? (Liz and Allison know what it is... because they've read it).