Friday, October 24, 2008

few words


Okay. I know I'm a high maintenance person who needs to be talked down fairly regularly.

So I'm just throwing out a few words for the next couple days because I'm going to be gone. And stuff.

This evening I'll be attending a dinner with some writers and illustrators and others from SCBWI (The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators). Yeah, for some reason YA writers are in that group, too, even if one high-maintenance YA author I can think of kind of cringes at being called a "Children's Book Writer."

Not that there's anything wrong with writing children's books, or that they are somehow easier to write than novels, because I know I couldn't do it. But... okay, I'll shut up now before I offend another literary genre this week.

Then, tomorrow I will be in attendance and speaking at SCBWI's Writer's Day 2008 at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, California. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be talking about "tribes."

BoNoBloMo