Wednesday, December 31, 2008

last post of the year

This is the last post of 2008, and, with it, I am concluding my Gratitude Experiment.

I think it's been worth it as an experience, and it made me realize that there are far more things that I appreciate than I originally considered. Of course, there are lots of things that I didn't get to list in the past month, like being grateful for the Funfetti Cake we are going to eat tonight for New Year's Eve; grateful for the neighbors I've lived near for twelve years; grateful for the opportunity for my kids to grow up in a tiny community where everyone knows everyone and the entire school district has only about 400 kids in it. But I am especially grateful for my family... because as much of a loner as I am, I kind of like sharing space with them.

2008