Thursday, January 1, 2009

so resolved

I've never been big on New Year's resolutions. But I made one this year.

I suppose it somehow interferes with the magical qualities of a true NYR if you proclaim it on a blog, so I'll keep quiet about it. Suffice it to say that the success or failure of this particular NYR is not in my hands anyway... or I've done all I can do, and we'll see if the little acorn grows into whatever the hell it is acorns grow into.

I once made a NYR to start eating meat. I had been a vegetarian. Too much work. But eating meat had become disgusting to me... so I actually had to resolve to return to my atavistic carnivorous ways.

Tomorrow, I have another page or so of TLAK, and I'm reminding myself to tell the true story of my one-armed tormentor from my early childhood. It's a good (and totally true) story.

Happy NY.