Thursday, February 5, 2009

this i promise

I promise to keep the badge on this time.

I promise to keep the badge on this time.

Just in case there is some kind of hotel security guy network, or something.

If that doesn't make sense, you might look back to a post from October called boy rules that tells the chilling story of what happened to me at an expo in Los Angeles.

This Saturday, I'm heading out to Pasadena to attend the Southern California Independent Booksellers Association's Children's Book and Literacy Dinner. That's going to be really cool because at the dinner, there are separate tables with an author at each one and we get to sit with all the SCIBA guests and chat. Afterwards, there is a book signing and everyone will get a copy (Thanks, Jean Feiwel!) of that book that was named one of ALA's Best Books for Young Adults, 2009, Ghost Medicine.

Two things I need to do there:

Well, three, if you count NOT TAKING MY BADGE OFF:

1) Meet Katherine Applegate, author of Home of the Brave, a 2007 YA release that everyone in my family fell in love with. A remarkable book.

2) Have my picture taken with that little stuffed banana Lisa Yee carries everywhere.

Don't tell anyone.

Also, I heard yesterday that the ARCs for in the path of falling objects are due out March 1 - 7, with hints that the ARCs themselves have really cool covers designed by Rich Deas.

Of course, I can't wait to get my hands on one, too.