Thursday, May 21, 2009

big questions

I'm visiting an English 102 class at College of the Canyons in Valencia, California this evening. The students in this course actually were assigned to read Ghost Medicine and to actually write papers on the book.

Their professor tells me the students have prepared some really tough questions for me.

Good thing I've read the book.

The, tomorrow, I'm visiting a local charter school -- Sequoia Charter High School -- where I'll get to have a few sessions with 5 - 10 kids each. I don't know much about that school or the kids, but it sounds like fun, as long as they aren't zombies.

And, speaking of zombies, I slept outside near the goat's grave last night. I had a 10 mm handgun in my sleeping bag with me. I found out that, according to Night of the Living Dead, that zombies can be killed by bullets, most effectively to the brain. The saying goes something like... take out the brain, take out the zombie.

Problem is, I'm not sure if my goat had a brain. And I am pretty sure its skull is uncrackable, anyway, since I hit it with a hammer one time when I was building my barn and it started trying to eat the shorts I was wearing.

Anyway... no full moon = that bastard stayed in the ground last night.