Tuesday, August 11, 2009

coming home


Okay. Well, now that I'm heading back home to the States, I've decided that tomorrow's post will bring me back to my traditional blog-stomping grounds -- so I fully intend to piss people off again.

I'm going to do a couple posts on boys, reading, and books for boys.

While jetlagged.

Do not try this at home.

But, before taking off today, I want to very quickly make a mention of some books that I will talk about a bit more. First, a couple months ago I posted a blog about summer reading for boys, and I listed books that I thought boys would get into for summer reads. I realize I left one out: The Compound, by S. A. Bodeen. So I need to say a bit about that one, and Bodeen's new book that is going to be coming out next spring: The Gardener.

So... the topic will certainly hover around dark stuff for boys, and I'll be saying a few words about my next couple of books, as well as another book I read as an Advance Reader Copy that's due out in October.

So... check back tomorrow, and I'll be back in the LA groove.