Saturday, August 1, 2009

golden gate

I love San Francisco.

I am heading up there today for the weekend. I realized that my planned out-of-the-country, dad-bonding-with-kids trip coming up this week made their mom feel a little left out, so we are going on a date.

Now, it was her idea for me and the kids to take this trip, and it's also true that when mom and kids have gone away together in the past, I've never minded at all. But you know how women are... and I could just tell, so I planned this "date" thing.

We go on dates from time to time. With two teenagers, I guess it's important for us, and it sets a good example for the kids, too. I mean, when guys act clueless about missing signals from their partner, it's really just a dumb act to get ourselves off the hook for taking care of an obligation we know we have.

Sorry for outing us, guys. You'd think I'd be the last one to do something like that.

So... we're flying up there first-class, and there's a limo waiting for us at the airport. Wife knows absolutely none of this, but, heck, if I'm going to go on a date, it's going to be a good one.

More on the out-of-the-country, dad-bonding-with-kids trip coming up later this week. I should be blogging from San Francisco tomorrow.