Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the reading

Okay. Another thing I learned in the last year is that it's a lot easier to read my own stuff aloud than I thought it would be; and I don't mind doing it, either.

And this is coming from a guy who never belonged to a writer's group (for more than a couple days) or a critique group.

But when I do readings, I like to skip around a lot, read very short passages, and talk quite a bit between them.

I mention this because during my ultra-super-busy month of October (just look at the schedule on the website ... and this doesn't include our planned Halloween trip to Disneyland with my friend Lewis Buzbee), I'll be participating with a group of Young Adult authors in Teen Read Week, doing a reading or two from in the path of falling objects for the Los Angeles Public Library.

I'll post more about that when I learn times and locations of the reading.