Friday, November 20, 2009

exhaustion

Yesterday, I received a link to a story on the Examiner website about last Friday's appearance at Books Inc in San Francisco.

I was surprised at how coherent and sane the article makes me appear. Whenever I do these things, I kind of black out, and if there is no record of what transpired, who knows what the hell I said or did?

This can be particularly unnerving if I "come to" and am covered in blood and my clothing is tattered.

In any event, I have to say that yesterday I was so exhausted that I could hardly squeeze out any words at all. This is not a good thing, and even though I may force myself to do it, working under those kinds of conditions is not a good way to extract quality.

Well, the weekend is here.

And here is the link to the Examiner story. It really is very nice, and thank you, Barbara Bell.