Friday, November 13, 2009

tonight

I never feel like I'm ready.

Today, I am flying up to San Francisco for a few days.

Tonight.

Be there.

I will be at Books Inc. on Van Ness in Opera Plaza (take the California Street Cable Car to Van Ness and go that way).

At 7:00 p.m.

With L.K. Madigan, Allen Zadoff, Barry Lyga, and Sara Zarr.

Yes, they are real writers, who, for whatever reasons, are likely obligated to fulfill some probation-related community service and appear in public with a moron.

My friend, Yvonne, said something last night about me "reading." And I'm, like, holy shit! I have to read???

So I stayed up.

All night.

Worrying about what I would read.

Now I have some stuff.

Stuff from in the path of falling objects... surprise stuff, too.

That, and a fistful of No-Doz.

Bring it.