Friday, July 2, 2010

independence


This month is going to be busy in a very positive way.

First, I am really, truly, working again on another project. Although I'd started a couple things about two months ago, I decided to make myself stop working on them because I'd been going through this period of intense nothing-matters self-loathing.

Anyway, I know when I'm really, truly, working on something new because my desk gets really messy and I keep stacks of scrawled notes (in code) in red pen. I never leave notes lying around that anyone can understand except for me -- my notes use numbers, letters, and lots of Xs, and only I can understand them.

When I travel, I keep the same codes on Post-It notes stuck to the inside of my laptop.

Also, this month I am supposed to be getting my editorial letter for Stick -- my next book, due out in 2011, and to say that I am looking forward to getting back to work on that novel would be a colossal understatement. I really love that book.

And, there are some more exciting things happening with my November release, The Marbury Lens, that I'll be talking about here in a couple of weeks.

July has always been my favorite month for work.