Thursday, August 19, 2010

the intolerable truth


So, yeah... I am working. And when I work, other things get put aside.

Let me tell you what it's like to work.

A lot of people who want to be writers have it all wrong. They think the hardest part of the journey comes first. Wrong. The more trying parts come later, trust me.

Like this morning, for example. I woke up and had to pour my own cup of coffee.

I know.

Ridiculous.

And I'm, like, Hello!!! Miss Polska!!! Double-You Tee Eff???

Eva Polska is my secretary. She takes down all my writing on a dictaphone and then has to transcribe it for me. Every real writer has someone equivalent to Eva Polska, only mine is totally lame, missed getting my coffee today, and she has, like, no clue as to when to properly use semicolons and em dashes.

So now she's late. What am I going to do? I can't be expected to actually type stuff, can I?

I'm a writer.

This is not the Stone Age, Eva.