Sunday, November 14, 2010

saint fillan's room


I made it home.

I need to say thank you to all the people at Mrs. Nelson's for hosting my first The Marbury Lens book signing. It was a great night, with lots of really cool questions from the audience (I'm just wondering... would you ever kill anyone?).

After a traumatic near-miss on getting to San Francisco after a broken-down plane, a flight cancellation, and no available seats anywhere, I finally did end up making it (however late), but in time to enjoy a most enjoyable dinner with my editor Liz and Lewis Buzbee before going off to the reading and signing event at A Great Good Place for Books.

Also thanks to author Yvonne Prinz for throwing a quite incredible The Marbury Lens party at her home. She has probably the coolest friends on the planet -- great food, music, and conversation.