Monday, June 20, 2011

on MPR this morning


So, I am heading down to the NPR studios in Los Angeles this morning.

That is, if the GPS unit in my car, which is sensitive to the degree of despondence I've felt lately, doesn't continue luring me to drive off a cliff.

With that, I will re-post the pertinent information regarding this morning's show:

This morning, I will be speaking with the host of Minnesota Public Radio's Midmorning talk show program. Chances are, you are fully aware by now of the controversial editorial posted in the Wall Street Journal by Meghan Cox Gurdon, in which she attacked contemporary Young Adult literature, and me and my novel, The Marbury Lens, in particular.

The program will air live this morning between 10 - 11 a.m. in Minnesota (8 - 9 a.m. Pacific Time).

The hyperlink to Minnesota Public Radio's Midmorning Show is listed below.

Listeners outside the state of Minnesota will be able to hear the program streamed live on the link.

You will find a comment box on the link, so listeners can make comments in real time.

Listeners can also Tweet the host, Kerri Miller (her Twitter link is listed below), and may also chime in on Facebook (linked below, as well).

This is a phone-in show, so listeners are also able to call in to speak with Kerri and me.

The program will run clips of Megan Cox Gurdon's interview on MPR, and the other guest will be Karen MacPherson, YA librarian at Takoma Park Library in Maryland, and columnist for Scripps Howard News Service.

I think people are going to hear some unexpected and surprising things.

More to come...



  • Kerri Miller on Twitter -- @kerrimpr