Wednesday, July 20, 2011

things that make you go...


So, on yesterday's blog, I posted the time for the upcoming chat over on Evil Editor's blog regarding this month's book selection: The Marbury Lens.

The weekend of the chat also happens to coincide with a big conference in Los Angeles, SCBWI-LA.

So, I may pop down to Los Angeles around then, not to attend the conference, just to say hello to friends from all over the place, and ogle the creepy dangerous people who stalk agents and editors inside toilets, who all will happen to be congealing around the fun-filled event.

But yesterday's post wasn't one that you'd naturally read reader comments. I did get one that was kind of... well... sad, I guess. And I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

Do you think it's real? And, if so, what would you tell the kid?

Here's what it said:

So I just wanted to say that I really love your blog and your books Andrew, but my mom found my copy of The Marbury Lens, so I can't follow it anymore :( She read the first few pages and was shocked by the "explicit sex". Now she's questioning me about every single book on my shelf and assuming that they are all "rated R". This whole situation is completely ridiculous because I'm 18 years old and not once has she mentioned what I could and couldn't read before this...Anyway, The Marbury Lens is my 3rd favorite book, not because I enjoy explicit and graphic writing, but because I enjoy good writing. Just wanted to say that.

Hmmm.....