Tuesday, October 25, 2011

bugs do two things


On Saturday, I will be down in San Diego for the World Fantasy Convention. So I downloaded an iPad App that translates English to Icelandic.

Then on Sunday, I'll be up in La Verne at Mrs. Nelson's Bookstore for a discussion on boys' literacy, called The Why Chromosome. This is going to be a terrific event, with some amazing authors and books present. I'm really looking forward to it, and I hope to see you there.

The event is hosted by Bridge to Books, a nonprofit organization that helps connect kids to reading. They are great people, and really serve the needs of our increasingly literate kids. This is a good thing, because I think there are actually people out there who do not want kids (especially boys) to read books. Anyway, you can hear more about this on Sunday at Mrs. Nelson's. Also, check out Bridge to Books at www.bridgetobooks.org

Here is the Bridge to Books The Why Chromosome flyer:


Also, this morning, a friend sent me a link to a video book talk from Lesley Kohles that had been posted on YouTube. The video is really one of the better book talk videos I've seen, and it happens to be about The Marbury Lens (which, coincidentally just won the 2011 SCIBA Award).

Anyway, it is quite enjoyable.

Here is The Marbury Lens book talk from Lesley Kohles: