Friday, February 24, 2012

flap copy


I did it.

I wrote a book for which it is impossible to write flap copy.

Even a moleskine can have flap copy.

But not this thing.

I will tell you about it as soon as I come up with something.

Here is what else I did: I saw the draft cover for Passenger, the sequel to The Marbury Lens.

My head exploded.

Poor Jack. He gets so messed up in Passenger. Everyone does.

A few days ago, when I wrote about S.A. Bodeen's The Raft, I mentioned something about the cover for The Marbury Lens. That cover is the only cover of all my books that I have had enlarged and framed, and it is currently hanging on the wall in my living room.

I had intended to get my other covers done that way too, but for some reason I never got around to it.

I am definitely going to do this with the cover of Passenger.

It is perfect.

Disturbing.

Kind of scary.

Just so you know, the cover for Passenger will not be revealed here on this blog. There are four bloggers out there who are going to do something special for the run-up to the book. They know who they are. They get to peek into the messed up worlds of Passenger first.

Not too long now.

October.

By that time -- actually pretty soon -- when I come up with flap copy for this new book for which flap copy and descriptions cannot be made, I will tell you all about it.

There is new news in the Andrew Smith library, and I can't wait to share it.